Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST-Line Impedance-need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

i have just found this page and i like it. so, this is my first posting.

i am investigating some planar antennas for submilimeter waves (currently i am trying loop and offset antennas ). i use CPW for the feeding. somehow the line impedance was not calculated . can somebody suggest a reason why ?

i really appreciate any help. thanx.

abti

do you define the impedence line in your simulation,if not ,add it

please tell how to define the impedance line in CST MWS. i only know how to do it in HFSS.

i have done the patch antenna tutorial provided by CST, but they didn't mention anything about impedance line definition there.

abti said:
please tell how to define the impedance line in CST MWS. i only know how to do it in HFSS.

i have done the fix antenna tutorial provided by CST, but they didn't mention anything about impedance line definition there.

You don't need to define the impedance when talking about wave port.
Only define the port enclosing the conductor and 2D mode solver calculates type of excitable modes and line+wave impedance..

rgz

eirp

i did define the port and the 2D Solver calculated the wave impedance but not the line impedance.

Hi abti,

u do not need to define impedance line in CST MWS. You only need to define a waveguide port which is large enough for the modes to propagate.

If you only want line impedance, use transiet solver, tick port modes only and then under port information you will get line impedance. It will give you the line impedance at the centre freq.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Element7k

abti said:

i have done the fix antenna tutorial provided by CST, but they didn't mention anything about impedance line definition there.

can you send your file - i will help you

abti said:
Hello everybody,

i have just found this page and i like it. so, this is my first posting.

i am investigating some planar antennas for submilimeter waves (currently i am trying loop and offset antennas ). i use CPW for the feeding. somehow the line impedance was not calculated . can somebody suggest a reason why ?

i really appreciate any help. thanx.

abti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back