Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST - draw ellipse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chest

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm facing problem with drawing ellipse in CST simulator. Anyone know how to draw the half ellipse? Thanks for helping.

BR,

May you can first draw an ellispe then draw a rectangle(half size of ellipse) then just a boolean operation.

It works

Chest

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Do you want to draw that ellipse just as curve? If so, CST allows drawing of any shape, that can be desribed by equation. I can't remember exact way, but it is described in tutorial PDF in install dir. I have constructed a parabola once this way.

May you can first draw an ellispe then draw a rectangle(half size of ellipse) then just a boolean operation.

It works

Thanks your help, I draw it finally.

Do you want to draw that ellipse just as curve? If so, CST allows drawing of any shape, that can be desribed by equation. I can't remember exact way, but it is described in tutorial PDF in install dir. I have constructed a parabola once this way.

Thanks, I know how to constructed by using shape, but I had mentioned is half of the ellipse. But you said using equation to constructe, I will figure out if have this way.

BR,

It is also possible to construct a half ellipse with help of the 2d curves (u need to take care of the co-ordinate) but it should be used for much complex curve lick for drawing vivaldi shape etc

Finally, I found it. You have to use VBA Macro. In menu choose Macros -> Construct -> Create 2D curve analytical. After choosing that, CST will construct some curve. Now you have to go to the History and than edit the VBA definition of made curve, there you can use parametric equation of ellipse and construct any part of it, in dependence of values of parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back