Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST dipole simulation: Combine results tool different than export then manually combine results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludovic_29

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I currently have a simulation of 3 dipoles with an excitation port for each one(see screenshot below):
1671106337074.png

If I run the simulation, the combination of both E field result at low frequency should give me a nice sphere.

For one dipole, this is the diagram I get from the simulation:
1671106543302.png

I have the same kind of results for the other dipoles but with a different oriented "null axis".

However, when I combine the results in post-processing > Combine Results with CST, I haven't the expected sphere. This is what I get:
1671106751053.png

When the data are exported to .csv files and manually combined, I have the expected sphere.

Does anyone have a clue about the reason the Combine results option give me this kind of result ?

Thx,

Ludovic.

Are you adding 3D vectorial components with magnitude and phase or just magnitudes in the manually exported combination? In the latter case, the result can't match real simultaneous excitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back