Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST Acquires Flomerics EM LOB for £1.6 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dandyw

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What a move!
CST has been pretty active recently.
another TD solver technology (actually pretty powerfull !!!) for CST (not for Ansoft)
sounds like a good price too ;)
any thoughts on that?

> any thoughts on that?

I guess not :D

I have demoed CST for a couple of months and I'll be switching from HFSS to CST as soon as we can afford a license. Besides the multiple solvers, CST talks to other tools such as AWR. HFSS talks to nothing but other Ansoft products.

Will it make CST more powerful? Will the market share of CST increase?

Why Flomerics sold microstripes to CST? Not to other company? Anyone can explain it?

Is CST 2008 has using TLM method from microstripes?

Hi freqzt,

my feeling is that the TLM method may complement CST's range - it does have some nice features as well.

Also, if you look at the press release from Flomerics, the profit that they were making with the electromagnetic division was not exactly impressive despite the product being quite powerful in its own way. I get the impression that they really had no future carrying on as they were (probably like some other vendors) - they certainly were not a big player in the market and were probably struggling to increase their shar - they were still are good for EMC, for example so they had their own focus but probably not enough in the long term.

it is probably a good thing for everybody, I think - for Flomerics and their customers and CST as well.

aw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back