Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CSCR motor - Starting Sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

thyagu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am trying to control a 230V-1.5KW submersible pump (CSCR type) with a PIC. Could any one enlighten me on the starting sequence of a CSCR motor ? From what I have learnt, the 'Start Capacitor winding of the motor first needs to be energized through a relay for about 500ms, and then the actual 'Run winding needs to be energized through contactors. And once the motor RPM picks up the 'Start capacitor winding needs to be disconnected.
I am not sure about how much inrush current will the 'start capacitor winding take, since its hard to find >30A relay at a reasonable price. High currents can cause welding of the Start-capacitor relay, eventually harming both the motor and the capacitor.
Any information on this will be of great help ! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.