Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

critical frequency of the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the resistors and capacitors are the same vale, F = 1/(2*Pi*R*C). Otherwise F = 1/(2*Pi*SQRT(R1*R2*C1*C2)).

If the resistors and capacitors are the same vale, F = 1/(2*Pi*R*C). Otherwise F = 1/(2*Pi*SQRT(R1*R2*C1*C2)).

Hi godfreyl,

I think you should inform GBHT that this formula gives only the pole frequency.
On the other hand - I do not know what the questioner needs (what is "critical" frequency?): pole frequency or 3dB cut-off frequency?.
In the latter case he must specify the desired approximation (Butterworth, Chebyshev, ...)

Hi godfreyl,

I think you should inform GBHT that this formula gives only the pole frequency.
On the other hand - I do not know what the questioner needs (what is "critical" frequency?): pole frequency or 3dB cut-off frequency?.
In the latter case he must specify the desired approximation (Butterworth, Chebyshev, ...)
thank you...i was looking for pole frequency..now since you have told about 3db cut-off frequency, can you tell me how to calculate it ( forButterworth)?

thank you...i was looking for pole frequency..now since you have told about 3db cut-off frequency, can you tell me how to calculate it ( forButterworth)?

For the values as shown in the diagram the pole-Q is Q=0.7071 what means: Butterworth response with pole frequency wp identical to 3-dB cutoff frequency wc. Thus: wp=wc.
Formula as given in post#3.

Reactions: GBHT

GBHT

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back