Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

crimp sockets and their size

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have seen some crimp socket in our lab but I am not sure about their size. Some crimp sockets have "wire barrel contact size": 20/20, 20/22, and 20/26. I need to know which number is for socket and which number is for wire in these three wire barrel contacts

Hi, I am referring to the crimp sockets for d-sub 25 connector. I have attach the pin that is on the d-sub. My question is on sockets, here is one example of such crimp socket.

What these numbers represent "wire barrel contact size": 20/20, 20/22, and 20/26 etc.

--- Updated ---

Hi, I am referring to the crimp sockets for d-sub 25 connector. I have attach the pin that is on the d-sub. My question is on sockets, here is one example of such crimp socket.

What these numbers represent "wire barrel contact size": 20/20, 20/22, and 20/26 etc.

These number represents wire/socket dimension or internal/external diameters ?

Attachments

• Untitled 64.png
    Untitled 64.png
    309 KB · Views: 97

Hi,

on the given page they provide a datasheet.
Open the datasheet and do a PDF search for "20" and/or "24"..

Klaus

My understanding to 20/26 is that the first number represents the internal diameter of the socket in the d-sub female connector which is AWG 20 in this example and it has to go in AWG 20 pin of the d-sub male connector.

The second number represents the wire gauge which might means up to 26 AWG. In other words we can fit wires from AWG 20 up to AWG 26 in the crimp socket marked with 20/26. I am not sure if I am getting it. Kindly give your comments. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

from the datasheeet ... I don´t know how you come to this conclusion.
I can´t find any information for "20 = internal diameter". Maybe you have different or additional informatiions.

please explain.

Klaus

Hi, from the datasheet in post 3 which "D-SUB standard, crimp contacts, AWG 24 - 20", I think the it accept cables between AWG 24 to AWG 20 that goes in the opening which a mark, a small hole but what about the size/dimension in terms of AWG of the other end ? which as socket goes in to the d-sub male connector. Is that AWG 20 ?

I think the it accept cables between AWG 24 to AWG 20 that goes in the opening
That´s how I read the datasheet.

but what about the size/dimension in terms of AWG of the other end ? which as socket goes in to the d-sub male connector.
?? We don´t have any information about the "other side". Maybe you have. We don´t know whther there is a cripm connector, a solder connector or a connector for PCB soldering.
So if you know what is "the other side" ... then you have to read irt´s datasheet.

Maybe I don´t understand the question at all.
But you show one side only.
Like the power outelt in a wall. But we don´t know whether "the other side" is a refrigerator, a light, a heater....

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back