Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cr5000 Question about placing/routing &tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Paco

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi at first -

I wait to get my cr5000 training in my firm for the SystemDesigner.
But this take some Time - thatswhy i search infos and tutorials about zuken.
(the best would be about both System and boarddesigner)

the second part - i ask me if is possible to freeze placing and routing of Parts.
This work in Allegro.
Let me exlain what i mean:
every time in every projects we have some identicaly circuit blocks.

So i ask me if it is possible to make a circuit block and some placing and routing variants (because in or products the space is more and more critical).
This block i would place in every system and so we have reproducable layout in the critical blocks.

the next question - has Zuken a scripting languages (or command languages)for often repeated task.

For example could i make a "script file" which every time if i execute it - place me my used part in my schematic layer?

And another interesting question - it is possible to export the layout and make in another program some calculatins about some signals and theit parasitic capacitance and resistance.

OK - enough comlicated question - every answer would help me really - if someone know something about zuken it would be nice if he write me -
im not a layouter - I'm a system designer - and the zuken informed people dont like to share information to a pople which is new.
So every comments would be a help for me.

Thanks

Hi,

1st of all If company will not share the information and knowledge of using tool , none will be use that.

Yes we can do the channelized placement for any design means we can place 1 functional block and others block of same functionality will place automatically, only if we have same no of supporting components of that IC and the same naming conversion for all the blocks.
Apart from this feature you can make the functional block in schematic it self (either it can be page wise or functional or something else also) in CR5000. That will directly appear in your layout when ever it required.

Scripting with this will be quite difficult because each design orientation of components and no. of components are going to change so each time your script will be vary.
Your 2nd question is not very clear for me , i think if the library file is containing these information (parasitic capacitance and resistance value) ,we can export these details and for signal details of any IC we should have IBIS model of that ic .

Regards,
Mayank

>
1st of all If company will not share the information and knowledge of using tool , none will be use that.

BY the way they do share it, they let all customers have free copies of tutorials and documents.

Hi,
Sounds like I am not the first (most likely not the last) victim of transferring from one platform to another (Allegro to CR-5000).
Can anybody let me know the main advantages/disadvantages that you already experiences in the two platforms.
I have more than 10 years experience in Mentor Board Station system and Cadence. Not much in ZUKEN.
My management expectation is our design cycle will be reduced by 20 to 30% with CR-5000.
Base on my experience it is a good sales feature, but never works in reality.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back