Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPU , RAM , L2 cache for HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafa_Engineer

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I have this PC:

CPU : 3 GHz
RAM 3.25 GB
L2 cache : 6 M

and i am using HFSS. The problem is that HFSS running slowly? any ideas?

The latest versions of HFSS support multicore CPUs, It should increase the performance significantly.

Check if your design is using more than 3GB of ram, then it swaps to disk and therefore runs slowly.

check it out the tetrahdrals and triangles in solution set up formed during meshing is not crosssing the RAM consumption.. dense meshing may b problem... is msg is showing insufficcient memory.. go for manual meshing in such case... less meshes at continuous smooth part of structure and high meshes only at complex regions

hope it helps

select meshing technique to be AUTO or TAU Tolerant. remove unwanted spaces in the moel which is not used up for simulation. this avaoids meshing in those places in the 3d model which saves time.

Hi
you can check How Hfss running effect ram and CPU usage !
if it's less than u want , u should change it from :
TOOLS>OPTION > Hfss OPTION> solver tab!
I have COREI7 (8 tread) , I have changed the number of processor to 8! so Hfss use 8 core simultaneously !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back