Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coupling space in strip line coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

nematollahi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Do you know what should be the range of coupling space(min and max) between two strip lines
in a coupler to work well.
for example if the space is greater than .....the structure is not a coupler
thanks

It is not easy to give any rule of thumb on lower bound as it is related to coupling coefficient. However, for the maximum, I can tell the coupling becomes very small for spacings greater than overall height (i.e. the distance between two outer shields) of the striplines.

Hi

As a rule of thumb, i read that between two strips of same width (say D) the coupling become insignificant if the space between the two strips is more than 2D.
For example, when you make a filter base on open loops resonators made of microstrip, the space between the resonnators is less than approximatively 2 x resonnator width. If you could, simulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back