Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupled Microstrip HFSS Simulation and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

eskim_urtigas

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to simulate and analyze a Coupled Microstrip in HFSS.
I got to the point where I might need some help because I'm having too many questions now and I can't really figure out my problem.

The structure (please see attached HFSS file) comprises a ground plane, a dielectric, two copper stripes, 2 waveports and a radiation boundary.
I want to fabricate this structure on PCB board and then solder a microantenna on it so that I can analyze it with a VNA, but right know I'm only concerned with the coupled microstrip without an antenna on it.

HFSS file: View attachment Coupled Microstrip Edu.rar

So I'm concerned about the results I'm getting with HFSS. Think I need some help to interpretate both S-parameter and Z-parameter plots. Are they correct? What can I do? I think I know what to expect from the Z-parameter plot but I'm not sure about the S-parameter plot.
Also I'd like to know if my Waveports HFSS specifications are correct (modes and integration lines) and also want to know if a radiation boundary is really necessary (There's is a second file, "Without radiation boundary" that's giving me a weird Z-parameter plot, any comments on that?)
I want to have a 50 ohm impedance matched structure at 5GHz (for instance).

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

can someone please help me to understand what's happening with the Z-parameter plot?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back