Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupled Line Hybrid coupler parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshitb

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.
I am designing a coupled line hybrid coupler as a part of of term evaluation at my university. So from my conceptual understanding here coupled line hybrid coupler implies a coupled line coupler with coupling coefficient -3 dB . Parameters given were substrate thickness 0.8 mm , amd frequency 3 GHz . I used the website emtalk for microstrip line calculations ( required to use this only ) and used the w and s from that in my design. But the graph coming out is incorrect, but when I was trying out L of different orders ( randomly) it gave me correct graph at 25cm but that is not suitable for fabricating. I need help in calculating S and L . Please help me out here.

Substrate thickness and frequency are not enough. You have to know also the dielectric parameters of the substrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back