Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counter 999.59 hours with cd4026,

Status
Not open for further replies.

scmael

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hours counter

counter hours with cd4026, 999.59 hours[/img]

Added after 15 minutes:

sorry, forgot to put the scheme and is also a display of messages

hours counter

Hold on.......... I'm adjusting my neural teleporter helmet........ darn I lost the signal again.

hour counter project

No signal ? - must be on the wrong side of Snowdon...:D

He's posted another display type circuit earlier but not come back .. its a point pointless if you do don't give some feedback..

Re: counter 999.59 hours

999.59 hours counter project together with simulation in proteus

Snowdon has a wrong side ???

Actually, I *am* almost on Snowdon !

(for those not familiar with Snowdon - its a mountain in North Wales, UK)

It would be useful if scmael posted the schematic as an image for those of us with normal eyesight. Posting in a proprietary format limits the audience.

Brian.

bmp image of the project include 999.59

Thankyou, I can view it now.

It look OK although I can't see a use for D4 and R6, I think the output of the 555 can go straight to the counter.

Your display will be very dim, the 4026 is only rated to supply 0.5mA and you should use current limiting resistors in each line feeding the LEDs.

You also leave two pins of the 4026 chips floating, this is bad practice and can result in unreliable operation or damage from static causing latch-up.

There are far better and much simpler ways of making a counter like this but maybe you are tasked to used these components.

You will need decoupling capacitors across the supply lines too.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back