Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Correct Sim908 GPS Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

msj121

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to buy a gps antenna, I had assumed, like GSM they were all the same (the purpose specifies the frequency), but the person at the store implied that I had better check the frequency.

Is he right, or is gps simply gps? I am trying to get a passive (preferred) and or active gps antenna for the sim908, does anyone know of a suitable one from digikey or the equivalent? (It has a U.fl connector from what I can see).

If you have bought one for sim908 and know it works that would also be great, but not necessary.

Thank you.

Hi

I have bought this antenna

If your design will be at open air you should try passive antenna otherwise active.

I'm workin on Sim908 too , take a look

regards!

Thank you so much for the information!

You have a very nice board, I am very jealous. I will probably try both active and passive if I can to test it out. I really appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.