Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coplanar feed for UWB design using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saathimb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the coplanar feed

Dear forum

I am designing a planar microstrip UWB antenna using a fractal geometry. I am working on HFSS. I dont know how to connect the port to my design. Should i use a lump or a wave port. I used a lumped port by creating a rectangular patch between the printed side and additional ground (on reverse of substrate) and then assigned it as lumped port. But the results are not as expected.

Can any gentleman/ good lady pse send me a design showing how to assign port and what should be radiation boundary for a CPW fed design.

Thanks in anticipation

Wave ports are good enough to sort UWB antenna issues in CPW case, with lumped port also u can get the results. Please upload ur model for more help....

File loaded

Dear Forum

Pse find the design attached for your kind support. I am new to this software and wish to design a planar UWB MSA using a coplanar feed. The file attached file is one of my recent works ( you can name it learning designs). Its a simple circular patch that has to be fed using a coplanar feed. I have made additional ground to the back side of the substrate for gain aspect and supression of surface waves.

I am sending you all relevant files and a screen shot of the design. Kindly note the error which the design displays while I run "validate" .

Pse guide me about

1. how to connect up the coax in a coplanar design
2. How to select the radiation boundary ( I follow the logic of lambda/4 of the lowest frequency of interest ). Is it correct?
3. What steps should I take to run a faster simulation ( my hardware and OS is all upto the mark, got a RAM of 1 GB also)

Thanks in anticipation

Hi!

I guess you know how to set cpw-port. If not, please take a look at this document.

You don't need to use the coaxial feed for your uwb antenna simulation. remove the coaxial and feed directly at the microstrip. That gives you good accuracy. draw a port and define it according to the document.

And λ/4 distance is good enough for airbox.

regards,
shameem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back