Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Converting VCD file to .vec file using Finesim's fscript feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartwo

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to convert a VCD file to .vec file for a FIR filter.

FineSim can successfully load the vcd file however, when I run the fscript feature, I get the following errors for all of my input and output signals.

ERROR! unable to find signal

I have checked the names of the signal and the vcd file already.

Does anyone have any idea to solve the problem?

Best
Bart

Solution
First thing I would check is capitalization on the names (since you say the inputs are really there).

Second thing I would check is the VCD scope. VCD supports hierarchies and maybe in your simulation all your inputs live in the /testbench/mymodule/ hierarchy. This might not match what you have on finesim and the whole thing breaks.
@Bart,

I see that FineSim has something to do with Analog design, so you have posted at the wrong subforum.
There is a separate Analog design sub-forum.

First thing I would check is capitalization on the names (since you say the inputs are really there).

Second thing I would check is the VCD scope. VCD supports hierarchies and maybe in your simulation all your inputs live in the /testbench/mymodule/ hierarchy. This might not match what you have on finesim and the whole thing breaks.

Solution

Thanks for the solution, when I changed the scope, it generated the signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back