Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conversion from 0-5V to -10V to +10V

Status
Not open for further replies.

UshaMaram

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any body help me to convert the 0-5V signal to -10V to +10V.I have attached the circuit which i have drawn for 0-5V signal to -2.5V to +2.5V,will my circuit works.
i have thought to change the resistor values to get the output as -10V to +10V,is my idea works

where is the attached circuit

you can also choose max232 converter IC to change the voltage to +-10V

Reactions: bp1

bp1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Here is the attachment,i cant use max232 as the signals are analog signals

What i understand is first you need to subtract your signal with 2.5volt that will make it to -2.5 to + 2.5 volt then simply amplify the signal with a gain=4 that will make it to -10 to +10 that's what you need. I think you'll need a LPF in between I'm not sure for that.

I have done the simulation for -2.5 to + 2.5 volt to -10 to +10V with a gain=4,but iam getting the problem of phase shift of 180°.
I need to get the output as same phase as the input signals(zero phase shift)

can any body help me

It is probable that you can use just resistors to do this. I wrote a design idea ("Use Excel To Calculate A-D Level-Shifter Resistor Values ") on a similar topic although it presumes that you would want a 0 to 5V output as it was intended for a micro interface. If you follow the development of the model using Kirchoffs Laws you should be able to arrive at suitable resistor values.

See
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.