Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control Over Phone Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanfernandes

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
schematics mt8889 interface to téléphone line

:)
Sirs
Its a phone interface to use with any microcontroller/microprocessor.

Features

- Detect Ring
- Hook on/off control
- Read DTMF signal
- (use to control any application)

Have Fun

Jean Fernandes
coneel@engineer.com
Coneel
Smart Solutions

rat_ring

For a lot of very interesting and useful docs and schematics concerning the same thing (phone line interfacing and applications) join the rat_ring group on yahoogroups.com and go to the "Files" section.

bogdanm said:
For a lot of very interesting and useful docs and schematics concerning the same thing (phone line interfacing and applications) join the rat_ring group on yahoogroups.com and go to the "Files" section.

Hi dear bogdanm

How i can be member of this group " rat_ring group "

thanks

S 8O KRAT

Check out this link:

hxxp://www.geocities.com/constantinescuradu/content/dtmf.htm

It describes how you can implement a DTMF decoder with a PIC16F87X, easily adaptable to other microcontrollers. Good article, not incredibly clear though :(

dear bogdanm

very good project and group but ican use 8051 for this project :?:

thanks

S 8O KRAT

I'm sorry, I don't have a sure answer for that. Must probably you can use it with a 8051, but it has to have at least the speed of the PIC, so look for an enhanced core, one that can execute a machine cycle in four clock cycles or even in one clock cycle (Dallas Semiconductors makes something like this). Besides speed I don't see any other problem porting the algorithm from PIC to 8051.

The Next Step

I itend to improve the initial circuit replacing the MT8870 to MT8889 to dialer.

Other improves will related to :

- Interface to PIR sensors
- Interface to Wireless PIR
- Interface to Cellular device.

regards

Jean Fernandes
Coneel Brazil

Also check out this very good link:

hxxp://www.symonds.net/~catalyticideas/rat_ring/index.php?page=guide

Status
Not open for further replies.