Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Continous Integrator circuit using Opam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XVSY

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone ,

I am in search of a integrator circuit which can do continuous integration of a half wave sin signal(for freq ranging from 1KHz to 1 MHz) so that the output should be step integrated. I will put a digram of input and expected output of intergator. Somebody please share me any topology for this. integr.png

Please if someone have any solution for the this continuous integration using opams .please share .
Thanks And regards
XVSY

Hi,

this is a basic circuit.
Just look for "OPAMP integrator".
One OPAMP, one R, one C.

Mind that any analog integrator will drift away with time.... the output will saturate at either of the supply rails.

Klaus

A general OpAmp integrator with an R & C (resistor and capacitor) will do. The question will be how long you want to integrate (or accumulate) the signal. If your signal voltage level is in milliVolts then it will be easier to find a capacitor with required amount of capacitance and you can integrate the signal for a relatively larger amount of time.

In my opinion what you want is not an integrator of the half wave rectifier.

The integral of the sine signal is a cosine, so you would not have a straight line as you want.
Probably you want an integrator of a DC voltage and a comparator to know when to integrate... but as Klauss says, you can not integrate up to infinity as you probably know.

- - - Updated - - -

This is how I understand your question.

- - - Updated - - -

e.g. this:

Left OP amp is not an OP amp, it must be a comparator.

- - - Updated - - -

Works either way. Exactly as you wanted and as Klasuss suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.