Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conntecting 2 PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSP maybe is using the PIC wiht external Memory having Port E as the RD/WR selector and chip enable :).

Btw, use PIC16F628, eliminate the crystal, MCLR and Programming through RB.

ME said:
Why do you suggest to use a PIC16F84?
This chip is obsolete and way too expensive
i know but we can always find resellers that have made high quantities stocks for 'special' use of 16F84 and now they sell them at lower price than 16F628 :wink:

Added after 6 minutes:

ME said:
What is PSP bus? I have never heard this term before.
Parallel Slave Port
see 16F877 datasheet § 3.6

tgq said:
i know but we can always find resellers that have made high quantities stocks for 'special' use of 16F84 and now they sell them at lower price than 16F628 :wink:

well in that case its okay to buy 16F84's

but anyway the 16F628 is better than the 16F84 in many ways. have a look at the following page for more details

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm

16F84 is enough to drive LCD from Tx logic level RS232

can anyone give me the schematic how i can connect two pic16f877a together? i am doing autonomous robot..my pic need to communicate with sensor pic and motor driver

I really doubt you will find an 16F84 cheaper than the 16F628A. Besides that, the F84 does not have a serial port, so you would end up bit banging it, and have to pole it to receive. Not a very good idea.

direct, r u yc violet? yes u can conncet 2 PIC together. by using switching circuit consisting of transistors and resistors. those circuit r easy to construct if u know how BJT works. Vb , Vcc those stuff.

but it can only have one way communication. i am not sure abt 2 way communication because maybe it will pose massive dealy time.

i have a similar question.i have a system including one colour sensor(designed with pic16f877) and a LED panel board including 128 rgb leds and also including pic16f877. I want to show the sensed colour on the led panel board.I have my programs written in pic basic pro.And i want to connect two systems to each other.How can i do this? Can you send me sample codes please

Two PICs can establish a communication channel quite effectively using I2C. This method uses the least ports, components and coding, while maintaining a high throughput. The following is an example of connecting two 16F88s:

i2c_check_bus_schematic.png

Setting up and checking an I²C bus

By the way, they can also share other resources, including I2C components and the OSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.