Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting two microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

walid111

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,
i want to connect two pic18f2520 using uart , can anyone help me ?

Hi,

it´s done million times before, with documentation, schematics, software...even videos

So what´s exactly the problem?

It´s a rather unelaborated question, so let me guess: You did not yet decide the requirements.

Klaus

Connect two PICs to achieve what? Hardwarewise you cross connect RX and TX pins. Softwarewise you need to design a protocol. Each PIC is sending a sequence of characters, deciding about their meaning is up to you.

i want to monitor and control cargo , so i have to use two pic18f , one for the cargo and one for monitoring the cargo . btw i am new to this domain and i have a project .
i attached the project .

Attachments

• monitoring.PNG
    monitoring.PNG
    442.5 KB · Views: 113

Step 0) read the data sheets for everything you have ben asked to use (although you will certainly need to do this throughout the project)
Step 1) learn how to program a PIC18F - start with something like blinking a LED; this will teach you how to use the IDE code write your code, then program and debug your code on the device
Step 2) learn how to program the UART in the PIC18F and have it send characters to a PC/Terminal emulator
Step 3) learn how to attach the LCD display (be it an SPI or I2C interface - just guessing here) and display text
Step 3) learn how to send characters from your PC via the UART the the LCD
Step 4) learn how to connect your sensors to the PIC18F (again could be I2C or SPI but use the lessons from before for this)
Step 5) in your group device a protocol so that you can send a value over the UART from one PIC18F to the other, knowing which value you are sending (temperature, humidity etc.) and work out how you are going to implement that protocol - really an extension of the above
Step 6) Write up all of the code on paper at various levels of abstraction and step through each to make sure that it does what you expect; repeat this step going into more detail each time until you get to the code itself
Step 7) code and debug your PIC18Fs
I must admit that what I've just gone through is really what I would expect someone to learn in a full course on microcontrollers - and if you teacher has not told you how to do the above, then I'd be getting another teacher.
Susan

I would not take this question seriously after the OP has posted something like that.

note.png

This thread will be moved to the Business section, where help is granted upon payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back