Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] connecting modules in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpratx

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have a design where there are more than 1 o/p. now i want to call that o/p in other module as input. what should i do?

Consult your favourite Verilog text book about module instantations.

Reactions: xpratx

xpratx

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Just write another module with different name and port lists.Are your ports bidirectional?

xpratx

Consult your favourite Verilog text book about module instantations.

sorry don't have a book studying through internet so if you could point to some source i'l be grateful.

i'll try to be more specific. so there are two modules, data from output of one module is to be sent to the input of other module.
i have couple of things in my mind about what to do.
firstly i thought that i'll call module.
eg: module a (x,y,z)
b M1 (c,x,d); //module
so should i use the same variable name as 'x' in eg. or can i do that i use different variable like 'w' and then put x=w.

i was also thinking of calling both modules in a third module and put x=w there.

other thing i was thinking of was calling both modules in a TB and assigning it but i guess this will only work in simulation and not sythesis.

so someone could explain with a small eg. how to proceed.

Searching on google with "verilog instantiation" can give you an instant answer.

xpratx

now in instantiation i have got
input a;
wire a;
alway @
a=1;

now i am not able to assign value to a wire.
how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back