Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting IC with external components

Status
Not open for further replies.

reuken

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to understand the thought process and ideas behind these:

sensor.jpg

1 - what is the n-FET and diode (Q1 and Q2) component means?

2 - why the 4.7kOhm resistors used instead of 10kOhm like in the datasheet here (also applicable to other circuit,this is just an example to help me understand)
https://www.pololu.com/file/download/LSM303DLHC.pdf?file_id=0J564

3 - how designers verify that the component values used will yield the desired result? i mean they are only provided with IC and its datasheet,sure they need to do simulations to verify the circuit.
do they model the IC?How's the simulation done for e.g?

4 - any tut/books to help me understand better how to connect IC with external components?like from a pin of an IC with sensor/op-amp,choose values,what to consider, how to verify etc.
or IC pin as a driver.

thx

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

1 - what is the n-FET and diode (Q1 and Q2) component means?
n-FET means N type field effect transistor,Q1,Q2 are symbol of a n-FET

3 - how designers verify that the component values used will yield the desired result? i mean they are only provided with IC and its datasheet,sure they need to do simulations to verify the circuit.
Users get the logical of the device and the company who yield the circuit have the internal circuit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back