Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting Card Detect and Write Protection to ZYNQ 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have connected SD card signals, SLK, CMD, Data1 to Data 3 to MIO 500 pins 28 to 33. I am wondering where to connect Card Detect and Write Protect signals. How to connect them at MIO 35 and MIO 36 in ZYNQ 7030 ?

UG 585 at page 52 says "SD Card Detect and Write Protect are available in any of the shaded positions in any combination of the four signals."

I have checked the schematics of the ZC702 and ZedBoard.

In ZC702, Card Detect (SD_CD) and Wire Protect (SD_WP) are connected to PS MIO 500 (3.3V)
In ZedBoard, Card Detect (SD_CD) and Wire Protect (SD_WP) are connected to PS MIO 501 (1.8V)

I am not sure where do I connect these signals.

Sounds like you need to read first about basic concepts of Zync I/O signal routing and how the pins are assigned through configuration registers. I you had read the respective chapters, you won't ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back