Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting and siconnecting devices from CAN BUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremenpl

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,
I have a question regarding CAN bus and I couldnt find it anywhere in the specification.
At the moment I am working with a system where there is a RS485 BUS. New devices are physically connected and disconnected from the bus while everything is powered up and it works correctly. Now I would like to swap the RS485 line to CAN line, as the RS485 is starting to be not sufficient. I Couldnt find in the CAN specification either it is allowed for proper bus work to connect and disconnect new devices from the bus while all devices are powered up- I mean, the device that would be connected to the bus would also be powered up at the connection moment (VCC and GND pins are longer than CANH and CANL).

I would aprichiate any help in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.