Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting 8ohm Speaker Without Wasting Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inforfang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ...

I have Audio Frequency Signal and I want to Play the Signal on 8-ohm Speaker . i use this signal in one other circuit too . if I connect the Speaker Directly to the Signal , because of it's low resistance the signal gone !

I need the matching circuit to connect the speaker to . whitch have a High Input Impedance and low output Impedance . I don't need to amplify it . just connect it .

I want it least PARTs and ICs . one IC with no other components is very good .
I did the Voltage Follower of Opamp , but it didn't Work .

Any Suggestion ?

I don't need to amplify it . just connect it.
Current amplification, as required here, is also amplification. You have demonstrated the results of just connect it. A rich choice of integrated audio amps is available (you didn't tell about output power), most have a >1 gain and would need an input divider in your application.

I don't know the Output Power . It is a Little Speaker . Just Like in OLD Computers . (But Not a Buzzer)

What Audio Amp you suggest ?
and Why the Voltage Follower didn't Work ?

Try LM386 it is simple enough **broken link removed**

An 8 ohm speaker needs a peak current of 375mA to produce an output of only 1/2W. An opamp has a max ouput current of only 20mA.

inforfang
Take a look at the TI OPA569.
https://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/opa569.pdf
Also, you could use a power MOSFET in a source follower configuration. This would give you a gain of 1. You would need to capacitively couple the output to the speaker, since you would have a DC offset on the output.
Regards,
Kral

The OPA569 has a max recommended supply voltage of only 5.5v. Then its output at clipping into an 8 ohm speaker is only 0.46W.

The package is a tiny surface mount type and its bottom must be soldered (somehow) to some copper as a heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.