Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connected to WEP wifi but No internet Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Prediction

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I'm new member on this forum. And this is my first post. :grin:
Here's the issue :
I my notebook (win7 os) to connect a secured WEP wifi. I've inserted the wifi password and it's connected.
But it say that there's no internet access, and i can't open any internet site.

Big thanks for your help. :)

No correct gateway and DNS assigned? Regularly, if the network use DHCP to assign host address, it would assign gateway and DNS, too. Either the network doesn't or your computer ignores the settings. As a first step, you'll want to check the connection properties.

It happens if you use a static IP with a wrong password.. check out if both the IP configuration and password are entered correctly

Hi guys,
I'm new member on this forum. And this is my first post. :grin:
Here's the issue :
I my notebook (win7 os) to connect a secured WEP wifi. I've inserted the wifi password and it's connected.
But it say that there's no internet access, and i can't open any internet site.

Big thanks for your help. :)

You need to identify router in Win 7 OS. Open network connection and click on red X.

But also problem can be other kind, just like FvM says, check DNS configuration, check router Internet connectivity, check what IP settings you get from routers DHCP with IPCONFIG /ALL ....

Also cause for this can be such as goutham.kn says manualy defined static address with different network range from routers gateway IP. Try to switch to automatic configuration (to receive IP configuration from DHCP server).

Thanks guys..for all your reply.. :lol:

The issue now solved. I found that the TCP/IPv4 address configuration set to automatic but it didn't set automatically. After i set it manually, the network connection is on.
Thanks for the solution.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back