Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect AC voltage for 100us

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xerxes0

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every body
I want to connect 220 50 Hz AC voltage for 100 us and after cut off it.If i use Triac ,when send gate signal,the triac will be stay on for half period.In this case every half cycle is 10ms and It is about 100 times more than 100us.and if i send Gate signal with θ >175 Deg,the output voltage will be very low.how can i do it?:?::?::?:

connect 220 AC voltage to one device just for 100us and after that cut off voltage.

fire here as show in figure .
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6923194500_1364143938.jpg
u will get what u want.

i have made a voltage regulator using triac firing and with microcontroller and i diid as shown above for maximum speed.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry..............above circuit is not for u ..i send it accidently..

u will have to fire at center of the cycle. even then u will get average output voltage not complete 220volt.

Connecting 50 Hz voltage for 100 us is effectively the same as switching a DC voltage source. Particularly the voltage can't be "AC", it's either positive or negative. The switch design can take advantage of this fact, it don't necesarily need to switch both polarities.

Generally a MOSFET switch should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.