Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confusion! Keyword:Layout/Virtuoso/LVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiefans

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I drew a schematic&layout according to a bandgap circuit. When LVS,the BJT number mismatched.
Because the BJT which the parameter "multiplier" was setted "8 " in schematic was recognized as "1" BJT in the netlist,while the "8" BJTs in layout was recongnized as "8".

How could i deal with it?
need your help
3X

If the multiplyer of the model is not operating, the only solution is to connect 8 transistors in parallel, each with multiplier equal to 1...

LVS rules must have rule for sum parallel instance in one. In this case LVS wil not get u mistake. And Netlists for schematic and layout (how u describe) is right.

Dear sophiefans:

When mutiple parallel BJT are connected together,
they often get reduced to one big BJT.
It is really the "total Emitter Area" (AE) that LVS software checked,
but command files have to properly initiate this AE checking function.

Have fun,

i think the case is just like thansistors(parallel connection),lvs file only check the total size,you should make 8 bjt as a big one in layout side,but i 'm not quite sure :)

the lvs rule dec was unable to reduce the parally commected bjt's just modify that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back