Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Confusing "Black box" resistance determination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphappy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an instrument with (3) 2 terminal inputs. Each labeled U- U+ (3 channels)

All inputs measure 4 megohms and any terminal measures 4 megohms between.

With meter across chan 1 (U- U+) and I short chan 1 U- to chan 2 U- resistance drops to 3 megohms.

When I additionally short all U- inputs together I get 2.67 megohms.

If I measure across any channel and short across another the resistance remains 4 meg.

How the heck to I figure out the actual circuit ?

This is a 3 phase power analyzer with "isolated" inputs. I need the equivalent schematic so I can adapt input dividers.

I have attached the manufacturer schematic. Still confused

Hioki 3198.JPG

Attachments

• Hioki 3198.bmp
    356.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Ok, not so confused anymore... They must tie together via the supply GND of the difference amps. I'm guessing a classic diff amp with 4 resistors on front end acting as a divider to the diff inputs. These would all tie to op amp grounds via the non feedback resistors (if that makes sense)...

When found, solution will be simple...

Status
Not open for further replies.