Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confused with AT Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

markrod

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at command,cmgr:sm

hi! i connected my cellphone to my pc via hyperterminal. i just dont get why is it that when im sending the exact same AT command (at+cmgs="<my cellphone#>",125)...it works most of the time. but sometimes it does not. does anyone know why this is so? im using the exact AT command and parameters and copy it verbatim but it's not that consistent if it works or not...

thanks!

hyperterminal, text, jumbled

Hi
do you use correct baudrate and settings?
regards

it may because of loos connection in your cable (i mean its connectors).

i think so. im using nokia 6210. 19200 bits per second, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit...

i noticed that when im typing the at commands in the hyperterminal and made typing errors and try to delete them and overwrite them with the correct at command that is when the command generates an ERROR response. otherwise its OK.

also, can i ask if anyone here has had previous experience with the model. Cause not all at commands are available for all nokia cellphones. just want to confirm if the model accepts at+cmgr (read message). i type at+cmgr="sm" and at+cmgr="me" but it generates an error response.
thanks again!

check this link it may help you:
**broken link removed**

Hi
i think you must use 9600 bps.
you can't use any baudrate that you want.
regards

thanks! i finally got it to work more consistently in hyperterminal.

I then interfaced it with my microcontroller and was able to send sms thru my microcontroller but this time not 100% accurate. sometimes the characters get jumbled and sometimes it doesnt send at all. i used 9600 baud rate, 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit.

anyone have a suggestion/clue why this is happening?

thanks!

thanks everyone. i think i got the hang of it now. i've successfully been able to send sms now. but i dont get it why all the response i get is always the <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf> response.

dont know if i missed out any initialization for my fone. i initialize my fone by sending the following commands:

at+cpms --> set my sim memory for storing message.
at+cmgf --> set as text mode not PDU mode

did i miss out any at command in setting up my phone configuration? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.