Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

condition of avoiding grating lobe in 1D finite array by null shifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, In FINITE arrays we need to choose a distance between elements so we will not have grating lobes in the visible range.
there is a method of pushing the null of a grating lobe outside of the visible range by choosing the proper distance shown in the photo bellow,thus pushing the grating lobe itself outside of a visible range.
but the problem is with the main lobe,if we push the grating lobe outside the visible range why does the main lobe stays at its place?
If someone heard of this method i'll be happy to have some mathematical logical explanation of this process.
(not just brute force choosing weights so we get the needing results)
I am looking a solution which uses the distance between elements only.
Thanks.
1660113411620.png

Hello
For calculating peak angles in a broadside array (0 phase difference) we have:
1660363270788.png

So you can shift the grating lobes (m=1,2,...), but the main lobe (m=0) angle never changes in this case.
(Balanis, Antenna Theory(4th ed), p 300)

Hello,this formula is good for infinite array.
I am looking for a formula which has N elemrnts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back