Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Hard disk Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plcindia

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to rectify my computer hard disk problem? hard disk not read it, so how to recover my datas?

Your local computer repair shop should be able to help you.

To do it yourself, you will need another startup disk with an operating system on it. This would be another hard drive, or else a boot CD containing utility programs.

Once you have the computer running, the utility programs may be sufficient to allow you to read your ailing hard disk.

If your data cannot be seen, there are several disk recovery programs available for download from the internet. Usually you can use one to examine your disk for free. Then if it locates your data, you must pay money to unlock the program's recovery option.

If none of the above methods work, and you absolutely need to recover the data, there are shops which will disassemble the hard drive and use their equipment to read whatever data is on the disks. They charge a lot of money for this service.

how to rectify my computer hard disk problem? hard disk not read it, so how to recover my datas?
Is it an external hard disk or internal hard disk ?
Is your computer booting up ?

It's important that you don't write any data to this disk if you want to recover files. The best thing to do [if you can], is clone the disk first, then try to recover the data from the cloned disk using recovery software. If you don't, you could be overwriting the very data that you want to recover.

I have hard disk of 80 gp so i already repaired it at once but i want to repair again ... any suggestion..!

3 Easy Ways To Check The Health Of Your Hard Disk In Windows 7

Using Windows 7 Error Checking Tools
Using Windows 7 Recovery CD
Using System File Checker

Use Hard disk Brand official website for utility to diagnose what is the problem then proceed according to that

Hi Friends, I have Toshiba MK1665GSX 160GB Hard Disk Drive 2.5"
working though
* Detecting
* Can Copy Data but safe
* Stuck on end of the format
* can not Install OS
I suppose Control may be defective
Please me if any one have idea

Stuck on end of the format

I have several hard disks which I sometimes re-format over the years. Might be Windows (FAT, DOS), might be Macintosh.

Say a disk hangs up while formatting in Windows. I take it out and connect it to a Mac machine, and I find it will format successfully.

Then I disconnect it from the Mac, and put it back in the Windows machine. I find it no longer causes a problem.

The above is just one thing you might try.

There are lots of free utilities you can use to examine a disk, and test it, and partition it, and format it.

Of course a hard drive can fail after being used several years. I've had a couple old ones go bad and start making clicking sounds.

The formatting process seems to generate heat (especially a thorough format), which can bring on failure.

I agree with BradtheRad, sometimes a different OS will allow you to 'clear' a format fault which Windoze will hang up on. I suggest creating a live Linux CD or USB stick, booting from it and running 'gparted'. It should run fine, even on a machine which is unbootable from hard disk. Afterwards, reboot and try again with the original OS if necessary.

Incidentally, I'm booting and running my whole computer from Linux on a 64Gb USB3 stick. I only use the hard disk for data backups.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back