Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Components that can operate at 200 degrees Celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone know of any PLLs, VCOs in the 0.8-2.5 Ghz range, Log Detectors, etc that can stand very high operating temperatures? I am not finding much above 125 deg C.

Re: 200 deg C components?

The components that may operate around 200C will be absolutely "Compound Type" e.g. GaAs, InP etc.In fact 175C is max. permissible junction temperature for these type of components and a special cooling sytem should be developed to decrease junction temperature such as gas or water cooling system.
Silcon and its derivatives don't resist more than typically 85C

Re: 200 deg C components?

Lots and lots of insulation may help if it is not a sustained high temp. I read this article a while back, which mentions how the space shuttle used a commercially available camera (Sony XC-999), although some company assembled it in their own housing. I'm guessing the exterior experienced these temperatures for a while, but not sustained.
When used on space shuttles, NASA mounts RocketCams to the exterior fuel tank and on the two solid rocket boosters. These structures release from the shuttle after takeoff, so the camera only hitches a ride temporarily on a shuttle. But by this time, the vital information has already traveled to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back