Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Pin Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have better quality of circuit? or show me where is CN6 on it.
It's marked in red!

ScreenShot003.png

Between C8 and D5 you should give more free space for isolation from HV. Wide track should be just to relay middle contact. Also distant D5 more from relay to left.

Pay attention on D10 one side how is close to HV !!!!!!!!!

Do you have one pcb to test or experiment?

Remove protection laquier and clean track from CN6 HV input to middle contact of relay.
Add more soldering material on that part of track to increase current support.

or

Solder one wire like additional bridge from CN6 to middle relay contact.

Also try to remove protection and clean space between relay out pin where you have RL1 text and CN6 track. Maybe HV make breakthrough.

This is just test to see. I think you have weak track square area for that job.

I saw lots of PCB things, like cooling track and parts from other side of PCB throught layers. Today or yesterday I learn about some snakes serpentines called "length matching" tracks. Who knows what is next. The truth is out there....

Last edited:

I'm using a 20A relay.
I don't want to judge about the reliability of the relays specification, but did you notice, that 20 A conducted current is specfied only for the N.O. contact? As you are using the relay for change over switching, 10 A rating applies according to the datasheet.

Between C8 and D5 you should give more free space for isolation from HV.
Insulation spacing isn't mind blowing, but clearly sufficient for 150V working voltage according to safety regulations up to overvoltage category II.

Hello Inka_one,

Rotate the relay in clockwise direction by 90 deg,such a way that coil pin comes above,this position makes that particular trace shorter.
After assembling try to pour more solder on that trace manually,this helps to cool and also to take more current.

regards
prathibha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back