Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of IDEN with EDGE for future mobile communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihab

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how could we compare between the edge and the iden from it is contrubution in next generation solutions for mobile communication

Re: q iden vs edge

Motorola's iDEN (Integrated Digital Enhanced Network) technology features next generation wireless solutions allowing you to simplify life by remaining connected with your business, friends and family. Using just one pocket-sized digital handset, iDEN technology combines the capabilities of a digital wireless phone, two-way radio with "push-to-talk" feature, alphanumeric pager and "always connected" internet microbrowswer.
With the iDEN and J2ME™ enabled next generation technologies, you can consolidate your multiple communication devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs), pagers, two-way radios, memo pads and more. And now you can even add features and services through the Internet, such as unique business and entertainment applications that provide solutions for your individual needs.

Anytime, Anywhere Communications for Your Busy Lifestyle
Motorola's iDEN Communication Solutions allow for "Anytime, Anywhere Communications"--an emerging focus for streamlining business practices, improving operational efficiencies and staying in touch with the people and information critical to your gaining a competitive edge.

You need to be able to troubleshoot situations, rapidly communicate with co-workers and clients and respond to continual requests for information on a timely basis. Bottom line, you need flexible, reliable and cost-effective mobile communications to keep up with today's whirlwind environment. And with all the choices about which mobile technology to use, it can get confusing. Now, with the iDEN Solution, it's a practical and easy decision.

Identifying the Future
Today, virtually every organization with a mobile workforce can benefit from Motorola's unique iDEN communications capabilities. Businesses are using iDEN to respond more quickly to mission-critical employee and customer needs, help mobile workers in the field stay in touch when away from their offices, and connect multiple offices/plants with constantly changing schedules and information.

With iDEN, Motorola is helping to identify the future and bring to you next generation products that truly make a difference in your life. Motorola partnered with Sun Microsystems several years ago to create an open application environment for innovative mobile devices known as Java™ 2 Platform Micro Edition(J2ME™). These J2ME applications available today resemble many of the third-generation (3G) wireless functions and positions Motorola's iDEN technology at the forefront.

The Motorola i85s handset is the first in a new generation of iDEN technology products that allows you to expand the functionality of your phone by downloading and running J2ME applications. Imagine, constantly updating your phone with applications that meet your changing needs, in much the same way you upgrade your PC and handheld computer.

The iDEN technology team is working with J2ME developers to create new and exciting business applications for the future such as peer to peer networking, wireless gaming, email and corporate directory access and productivity tools like datebook and dictionary.

Combining Java Technology and Motorola's iDEN multiple-communication technology into a next generation wireless solution is just one of the ways Motorola continues to identify the future for you.

Regards,
Dynamicdude

Re: q iden vs edge

are there any techinical issues anout this subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back