Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of alternators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syed Ali

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone:
I need an alternator of 80 kva, I have a 2 companies from where i can buy, Please let me know basic parameters for comparing alternators. And (Meccelte or Stamford) which company is better for an alternator and why that company is better.

80 kva...

That's enough power to supply several homes.

Are you looking for an alternator/generator only, or do you also want an engine attached, to drive it?

H
80 kva...

That's enough power to supply several homes.

Are you looking for an alternator/generator only, or do you also want an engine attached, to drive it?
I already hv an engine, i just need to buy an alternator. Plz help me in finding parameters for comparison of alternators

Specs include:

Voltage: typical choice is 120VAC or 230VAC.

Power: as you state, 80 kva, or else 80 kW.

Speed of rotation needed to produce your desired frequency.
Typical choices are 1800 RPM or 3600 RPM (in the USA). It has to be compatible with your engine's power characteristics. If your engine is governed to operate at 1800 RPM, do not choose an alternator which needs 3600 RPM to put out your desired frequency.

Output connectors: You want this to be compatible with your power distribution system.

Instruments: You probably want meters for voltage and current output, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

Method of connection to engine.

Structure to support weight of alternator.

Who will install, attach, troubleshoot the system? If you pay someone to do this, what sort of warranty goes with the equipment?

Do you want new equipment? Or will you accept a good deal on used equipment?

Syed
i have used stamford alternator but no idea about Mecc Alte alternators.
go for alternator which parts are easily available avr etc and stamford parts are easily available across the globe and mostly big generator manufacturers use their alternator like perkins, cummins, cat

Status
Not open for further replies.