Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparing renewable energy source

Status
Not open for further replies.

danilorj

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys

about fuel cell system connected to the grid, do you think that the fuel cell should deliver the exact energy to match the load, or would it be better to deliver the maximum power of the fuel cell to the load and the surplus power would go the grid? I say this because fuel cells use hydrogen as fuel and it is not cheap, hence to deliver more power than it is necessary to the load would spend more hydrogen. And I think even if I inject the surplus of energy into the grid, the the energy value to be amortized would be insignificant in comparison of what hydrogen would be spent to generate that surplus energy.
For photovoltaic system, generally it operates delivering the maximum power it can produce. But the energy is obtained freely, it is not the case of fuel cells that it is required a tank of hydrogen to produce energy.

do you have any information about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back