Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common Collector Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Colin55:

It´s really unbelievable!
You have quoted some selected parts of my thread replies on your web page under the headline: SPOT THE MISTAKES.
However, at the moment, I do not care if this is an allowed procedure or not.

Something else is unbelievable: Somebody who claims that he was teaching electronics for 40 years thinks that the concept of "negative feedback" is identical with a "negative effect".
That means that he does not understand this term in a mathematical-technical but in a general and colloquial sense ("negative" identical to "bad").
I am speechless.

Quote from Colin´s web page:
But with the emitter follower arrangement we have a completely different set of circumstances.
We have an input signal that has full amplitude buy insufficient current to drive a load. To solve this problem we introduce a transistor that will amplify the current about 100 times.
How are you going to convince a beginner the load has a NEGATIVE EFFECT?
If the resistance of the load is increased, it will require less current and thus less current will be needed by the input signal.
How can this be a NEGATIVE EFFECT?

Question to Colin55:
Why do you think is the concept of "negative feedback" on of the most applied principle in analog electronics? Because it has so many "negative effects"?
Your columne is the best example for my recommendation to all beginners: Do never blindly trust everything you find in the web.

I gave you my web address but the moderator removed it because it was SPAM.

All my books have now sold out. Some are on my website as .pdfs
Then good for you ! may i ask you something ? why yo emphasize on these things in your posts ? it doesn't matter that how much books are sold or websites or ... the matter is how to understand other people's demonstration and how to make conclusion and don't emphasize on wrong things . sorry but you are just wasting time .
A question , are you familiar with control systems ? i seriously think you are not ! because if you were familiar you could realize the concept easily . ( how ever without knowing the control system it's perfectly clear )

Status
Not open for further replies.