Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combline BPF design with ADS or MWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantis7

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to learn to design a combline filter using either MWO or ADS, but I'm having problems with both.

In MWO I used the "AWR filter synthesis wizard" to generate a filter to my specs (result = pic1) but I wanted a tapped line filter and was unable to tell it so. Furthermore I'm not able to get a layout out of it that makes sense - no input/output ports are generated and I can't believe the spacings are correct (much too small in my opinion, see pic2).

In ADS I placed a smart component of the type CMFilter and designed it using the passive component DesignGuide (see pic3), here tapped line was no problem but the generated layout makes no sense at all (see pic4), this was done by choosing layout > generate/update layout. As far as I understand the layout should be generated automatically with no need to arrange the components by hand. And there are no caps at all, are there?

Can someone help me with tips please or with a tutorial for exactly this task? Tutorials for other kinds of tasks do often not reveal important details...

Many thanks
Martin

Attachments

• pic4.png
    pic4.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 104
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 111
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 109
  • pic1.png
    pic1.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 112

Hello Martin,

The Default Filter Wizard in MWO is a very Basic tool or template for Filters design...You need to use advanced tools available in AWR MWO such as iFilter or Nuhertz Filter Solutions Wizards to quickly design Combline Filters...

See the below attached pictures which generates ready to use layout & schematic for simulations in MWO...

By the way what are your Combline BPF specifications....

---manju---

Attachments

• iFilter Combline.jpg
    iFilter Combline.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Nuhertz Combline.jpg
    Nuhertz Combline.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 119

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com