Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Color light convert to frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

BS

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am student from college. Now, i got a problem about the color light.

How to covert the color light to frequency?? and how to display the frequency??

Example:

Assume the RED light frequency is XXXHZ(or XXXnm).
After using a circuit to detect the RED light, and then the circuit will convert the RED light to frequency andl display on a LCD, or SEVEN SEGMENT, or PC screen.

If anyone got this kind informations pls inform me.

THANKS!!!

What you could do is take 3 photo-diodes, and place color filter in front. I don't know if there some diodes/transistors which already react to specific color spectrum, if so, this will do the same. You could use a red, a green and a blue filter.

Make sure the color filter have a wide-enough spectrum so it cover up to the adjacent color.

Then, for each filter/photo diode, you can trace a curve of the voltage intensity depending on the input color. For example, a pure red input would give high intensity on the red receiver, very low intensity on the green, and negligable intensity on the blue receiver (provided the color filter have prober color bandwidth). Similary, a yellow input would give a lower voltage on the red receiver, and similar on the green receiver, with negligable voltage on the blue receiver.

By comparing the voltage intensity on the 3 photo-diodes (could be photo-transistors), you could extrapolate the input color, the same way our eyes see it (since our eyes also see red, green and blue). Basically, you just need to do the same thing that our brain does, i.e. extrapolate a color from the mix of individual RGB, from the voltage level at each receiver.

Big Boy said:
What you could do is take 3 photo-diodes, and place color filter in front. I don't know if there some diodes/transistors which already react to specific color spectrum, if so, this will do the same. You could use a red, a green and a blue filter.

Make sure the color filter have a wide-enough spectrum so it cover up to the adjacent color.

Then, for each filter/photo diode, you can trace a curve of the voltage intensity depending on the input color. For example, a pure red input would give high intensity on the red receiver, very low intensity on the green, and negligable intensity on the blue receiver (provided the color filter have prober color bandwidth). Similary, a yellow input would give a lower voltage on the red receiver, and similar on the green receiver, with negligable voltage on the blue receiver.

By comparing the voltage intensity on the 3 photo-diodes (could be photo-transistors), you could extrapolate the input color, the same way our eyes see it (since our eyes also see red, green and blue). Basically, you just need to do the same thing that our brain does, i.e. extrapolate a color from the mix of individual RGB, from the voltage level at each receiver.

Thanks for ur suggestion. Ur suggestion is same like the color sensor??
Because before this, i already search some information about the color sensor, and the sensor only can detect 8 kind color light only.

Is same like ur suggestion??

Anyway, thanks for ur reply.

Hello!

I can tell you about parts from comapny caled TAOS Incorporation. They have what you are looking for.

www.taosinc.com

I have used TCS230 and it works fine for me. Only problem wich I have is that they have to be calibrated first that they show same values.

In case of any aditional info do not hesitate to ask.

Regards!

tjalps said:
Hello!

I can tell you about parts from comapny caled TAOS Incorporation. They have what you are looking for.

www.taosinc.com

I have used TCS230 and it works fine for me. Only problem wich I have is that they have to be calibrated first that they show same values.

In case of any aditional info do not hesitate to ask.

Regards!

Hi,
Ya, i am also got this information, but i don't understand how to use the IC, is need to program one??

Is the color light Hz display with precision??

Can u show the full circuit, please?

Thanks for ur suggestion!!

Hello!

Well in my aplication I'm using mcrocontroler for frequency measurement and for that you also have to program it.

Regards!

tjalps said:
Hello!

Well in my aplication I'm using mcrocontroler for frequency measurement and for that you also have to program it.

Regards!

Hi,
I only know some basic of the assembly language (PIC16F84A). So, u are using what microcontroller and program for frequency measurement.

Can u show the micorcontroller combine with the tao IC circuit?

and can u post or send the program source code to me?

Sorry disturb u, because i am rush to complete this part of my project.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.