Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

co-polarization and cross-polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_romeo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cross polarization

Dears,

I find some papers using \"E Plane Cross-Pol, E Plane Co-Pol, H Plane Cross-Pol and H Plane Co-Pol \" to represent radiation patterns or gain ?

Then how to define them?

what is the relationship between them and E field/H field ?

Is Elevation plane=E-plane , Azimuth plane=H-plane?

Is My result correct or no?

Thanks.

e-plane cross polarization

Hi,

first - can you use different format than *.doc please?

so the EM wave have two component: E-field and H-field - they are perpendicular to each other - **broken link removed**.

"Is Elevation plane=E-plane , Azimuth plane=H-plane?" - yes, that is true

so the wave have polarization - Depending on the direction of vector E. And the source of wave is antenna. So your antenna produces wave, where vector E have the same direction as axes Y, for example - it is ideal. But real antenna produces component Ez - so ideal antenna have E vector (Ex,Ey,Ez) = (0,E,0) but real antenna is (0,E,Ez). - And the Ez is about your cross-polar polarization.

do you understand me ? :)

If you have 2 the same antenna with the same polarization - co-polar - the transmission will be OK, but if you rotate 90° one antenna, the transmission will be very poor - it is cross polar.

I hope, that you undestand me and i helped you.

eng_romeo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
polar polarization

I adjust file with pdf format.

i want to know if the following words are true or not , please?

In Phi (Φ)=0, called azimuth plane , E-phi is copolar component and E-theta is crosspolar component
In Phi(Φ)= 90, called Elevation plane, E-theta is crosspolar component and E-phi is copolar componen

In Phi (Θ)=0, called Elevation plane , H-phi is copolar component and H-theta is crosspolar component
In Phi(Θ)= 90, called azimuth plane, H-theta is crosspolar component and H-phi is copolar component

Y-Z plane (E-plane) and X-Z plane (H-plane)

E horizontal=EΘCos(Φ)-EΦSin(Φ)
E vertical=EΘSin(Φ)+EΦCos(Φ)

Thanks

cross co polarization rf

Added after 33 minutes:

eng_romeo said:
I adjust file with pdf format.

In Phi (Φ)=0, called azimuth plane , E-phi is copolar component and E-theta is crosspolar component
In Phi(Φ)= 90, called Elevation plane, E-theta is crosspolar component and E-phi is copolar componen

In Phi (Θ)=0, called Elevation plane , H-phi is copolar component and H-theta is crosspolar component
In Phi(Θ)= 90, called azimuth plane, H-theta is crosspolar component and H-phi is copolar component

Y-Z plane (E-plane) and X-Z plane (H-plane)

Thanks

I think, that it is not good:
I think, that correct is: (example in attachment)

first - copolar:

changing the angle is theta:
for Phi = 90° - elavation plane or E plane
for Phi = 0° - azimuth plane or H plane

second:
cross polar:
changing the angle is theta:
for Phi = 90° - elavation plane or E plane
for Phi = 0° - azimuth plane or H plane

you can look at the problem, that you have two independent antenna first - "copolar antenna" and second "crosspolar antenna".

but for explanation i need know,
a) if is it simulation or measuring
b) if is it measuring, can you tell me about your workplace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back