Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Co-ordinated firefighting robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.k. sundar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am presently working on coordinated fire fighting robot...For that i wish to use a small sized actuator for ejecting gas(extinguishing fire) out of actuator present in that robot(CO2).shall i use a solenoid valve?..that will eject gas when electromagnetised(which receives signal from a controller when to get magnetised)..is there any specific device available that will satisfy the above mentioned purposes..

A solenoid of some kind is the usual method. You can add a needle valve to turn the gas on and off.

It may be possible to obtain a device containing both solenoid and needle valve in one unit.

An alternative is to have the robot toss glass fire extinghishers at the fire. These are glass bulbs containing fire-dousing liquid. I never had the opportunity to see how well they work.

A solenoid of some kind is the usual method. You can add a needle valve to turn the gas on and off.

It may be possible to obtain a device containing both solenoid and needle valve in one unit.

An alternative is to have the robot toss glass fire extinghishers at the fire. These are glass bulbs containing fire-dousing liquid. I never had the opportunity to see how well they work.
Thanks for your reply...,bit i need the device name specifically..,plz suggest me..

Solenoid-actuated valve.

For an electrical system you may want a device which is motor operated rather than solenoid operated.

One parts description uses the term 'K-valve'. This looked like it had a lever on it.

On second thought however...

The plumbing used to deliver fire-extinguishing substances is prone to clogging, requires cleaning after use, etc.

And if you use pressurized tanks then they bring their own problems. Regulators, gauges, etc.

There may also be regulations to comply with, etc.

An easier way is to use a store-bought extinguisher. Mount in on your robot. Wrap a chain or rope around the squeeze-handles. Attach to a geared motor which is strong enough to squeeze the handles together.

Here is a more reliable method of squeezing the handles.

87_1321868569.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back