Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CMOS18RF 1.8V SPECTRE MODELS for Orcad pspice 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

man515

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have spectre and hspice model library for CMOS18RF 1.8V for used in cadence virtuoso. i currently doing MOSFET simulation. I wan to compare by myself using different simulator, hspice ,spectre and spice. the problem is i cant find any lib for Orcad pspice to simulater my circuit. It is possible to convert the spectre spice model library( .scs) to spice library (.lib)?

It should be possible. If you open a Spice model and the Spectre model you will see they are very similar. There are syntax differences such as Spectre uses the & symbol at the end of a line compared to Spice using the + symbol at the start of the next line to indicate continuation of the model. You might need to add a level=xxx statement to the Pspice model. I cannot remember if there are any other differences.

Keith.

Reactions: man515

man515

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Acording to the spectre model, what i saw is there have one parameter names finger width. how should i put the value in the mbreakn in breakolb.olb(i assume it can use to combine my spectre lib by changing value of the name). I just change by copying the whole thing inside spectre model into spice model and add level statement? first time i am trying to learn editing the technology file..:p

I don't use Pspice but my approach for doing this sort of thing is to change the obvious syntax differences and then run a simulation. Then try to work out what the error messages mean and fix them. Comparison with a working Pspice model in a similar technology would help. For example - how fingers are handled in the symbol & template.

Keith

Reactions: man515

man515

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.