Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS camera chip which gives frame differennce output

Status
Not open for further replies.
since my camera is a digital camera and its gives 24bit output.does it mean it has an inbuilt video decoder inside the camera which gives me a RGB output??
you stated in the previous messages that
The cheapest option will be an NTSC or PAL camera. You will need a video decoder chip to get data from the analogue output. You wont get RGB, you'll likely get 422 YCbCr format. Colour space conversion to RGB is a simple matrix conversion.
does it mean that video decoder always gives 422 YCbCr output regardless of the output format my camera(analog or digital)??

when you say video decoder do you mean by frame grabber??..I was reading about it and there are different frame grabbers for different camera's(analog & digital)

no, Im not talking about a frame grabber. A video decoder will take an analogue video signals and convert it into a digital data stream. You need to read the specs to decode the data stream to get at the active picture data.

You need to read the specs on your camera to see what the format is. There are many formats, many cameras with many interfaces. You need to read how your camera works.

the camera can be programmed to give a 24bit,30bit,36bit RGB data and also even a monochrome 8bit,10bit data values.
It also supports GigE vision and USB3.0.

I suggest reading up on how to control it and learning how to extract the data. Feel free to ask specific questions, but without access to the camera in question, there isnt much we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back