Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cmfb stability in two-stage op amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpsheep

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,everyone

I've got some questions about cmfb stability in two-stage op amplifier.

1) Figure 1 is a schematic of two-stage opa with continuous cmfb circuit. I insert a device of iprobe (in analogLib library) to simulate the loop gain and phase of cmfb circuit. Figure 2 shows a voltage buffer using the two-stage opa. As we know, in order to fulfill the stability requirement, the cmfb circuit should be a negative feedback. However, when I simulate the loop gain and phase of cmfb circuit according to Figure1 and Figure2, the initial loop phase from 0Hz to 10 Khz shows to be “0” rather than 180. Does that mean the cmfb become positive feedback near DC?
2) When I break the feedback loop of voltage buffer in Figure 4 and do the same simulation, the result will be normal, the initial loop phase will be 180( In Figure 5).

Does anyone meet the same problem? How to solve it?
Thanks!

Lorry

Hello,

Could you please check my questions and give me some helpful answer how to setup stb simulation?

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.