Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class E power amplifier cannot amplify

shianw

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a class E power amplifier in Cadence Spectre and do the transient analysis but the output signal is significantly smaller than input signal. Anybody can help me to point out the problem? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• component value.png
    component value.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 35
  • graph.png
    graph.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 38
  • schematic.png
    schematic.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 36
In my limited RF opinion Class E is all about the matching network and the output switch parasitics must be lumped in to that, while switch on resistance must not matter at the match network.

I observed the "real RF guys" spend a lot of time on the bench load-pulling, to dope out the real-on-PCB components after taking the simulated best, as a place to start.

Incorrect component values can lead to suboptimal performance. Please cross-check the component values with the datasheet of the transistor.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back