Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clarifications on SIW basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

balamani

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Please clarify my doubts:

1. Is there any relation between TEM Vs TE modes with respect to attenuation and frequency?

2. Is Tight Tolerance (fabrication) at Very high frequency a disadvantage of planar transmission line? If we design a component @ 90GHz, in which of the following real time fabrication is difficult? plz explain

Microstrip , Rectangular waveguide , Dielectric filled waveguide, SIW

3. Dielectric filled waveguide Vs SIW:

As per my understanding, size of the component will be same if it is designed using Dielectric filled waveguide or SIW. Am I right?

Leakage / radiation Losses will be higher if a component is designed using SIW when compared to Dielectric filled waveguide . Am I right?

But a component designed using SIW will be compact (since it is in substrate itself) and when compared to Dielectric filled waveguide . Am I right?

4. What is the role of SIW interconnect/transition ? Is it mode conversion alone? Or anything with impedance matching?

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back