Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit implementation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majid Rafei

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
Hi.
I have a circuit and want to implement it in Advanced Design System (ADS) software. I dont want to design it, instead I want to use the parts (ex. waveguide to microstrip (WG to MS), microstrip to waveguide (MS to WG), waveguide divider, waveguide combiner, isolator, and coupler) which are designed with others.
The schematic of the circuit is attached.
I want to ask you to guide me how to implement different parts of it in ADS. How can I implement a waveguide to microstrip (WG to MS), microstrip to waveguide (MS to WG), waveguide divider, waveguide combiner, isolator, and coupler in ADS?
I have the s-parameters of PA!
My purpose is to simulate the circuit using some optional components which further could be physically implemented.
Thanks for any help, reference, and guidance.
main.png

Last edited:

You have to find s-parameters of the passive blocks, you should also find nonlinear behavioral model of the PAs ( X-Parameters or you can simulate with appropriate nonlinear models) then combine all and simulate.
That's what I understood from your requirements...missing ??

Dear BigBoss, thanks for your guidance.
I have other questions please:
1- Are there any ready to use blocks in ADS for waveguide to microstrip (WG to MS), microstrip to waveguide (MS to WG), waveguide divider, waveguide combiner, isolator, and coupler, which I can use them in simulation?
2- How can I find s-parameters of these blocks?
3- Is there any document which describes non-linearity simulation using non-linear behavioral model in ADS? In this case, what about the linearity of passive blocks? I mean, in simulation, can I consider a non-linear elements like PA and some linear elements like WS to MS, etc?
4- Is there an example in which linearity and non-linearity simulation are done in ADS using s-parameters and x-parameters?

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back