Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for IR sensor to read at <3cm distance (+10points

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolslash

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir sensor circuit

I want to make the IR receiver highly sensitive that i could detect the IR light across the DC motor DISC.distance between Tx-Rx will be <3m it will have to generate a pulse when a cycle is completed.

+10points will be awarded to a person who provide early exact solution.
i need it to implement and show on this Monday.

infrared sensor circuit

Apart from promising points (personally, I don't need it), you should primarly clarify the problem. The description is very vague.
E.g. DC motor DISC isn't a known technical term, I think.
And avoid cross postings.

ir sensor circuits

Thanx for the advice. actually dont know which is the exact folder for this topic.

so the problem is:
i want to implement a feed back system which will read rotation of the the DC motor. now i m going to use IR-sensor. i need to know that what shall i do to make my IR-sensor working. i want to mount the transmitter and receiver across the GEAR or DISC mounted on the DC motor with a hole in it.
I want that when the Ir light passes through the hole of this gear/disc then the ir receiver shall generated a pulse.
distance between the transmitter & receiver is the main concern.(i want to make it that much sensitive).

distance sensor circuit

Normally, sender and receiver of a photointerrupter are mounted with a few mm distance. Operation is very easy and should work with any IR sensor type, without sensitivity issues. But I didn't understand if there are special constraints for your design.

koolslash

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back